Thursday, January 21, 2016

Baby Boy Nursery....

My husband and I knew we wanted to have our kids close in age... well luck was with us and they are 22 months apart. Sometimes this makes me question my choice of judgement but most days I love it!


When we found out I pregnant again, I was picturing a little girl. In my head, I figured we would move my daughter to the office and make her a new "big girl" room and reuse the nursery since we just did it. However, at my 20 week ultrasound, that plan came to a halt because the new baby was a boy. A boy! I do not know how to deal with a boy. We have all girls in our family. When I babysat it was usually for girls. Now I have to plan for a boy. I wasn't sure I was ready.


Little did I know this was harder than I thought. When looking at things for a nursery it was either to cartoon like or to grown up. What was I going to do!


 I also decided that a woodland theme is what I wanted but not with cute critters. I think my husband thought I was nuts.


Like my daughter's room, I ended up making most of the bedding and window treatments, which I will write about later. My main focus was the long wall that would be the main focal point of the room. I knew I did not want to get a tradition baby furniture, they do not use it that long. So this is what we came up with.

lamp & laundry basket from target - wire storage baskets from Walmart
Bear Rocker and chair from Pottery Barn Kids

The table was made for me by my uncle. It was the something I think will be useful as he gets older not like a traditional changing table they grow out of so quickly.



My gallery wall. I have to admit I am a little obsessed with (my lack of photography skills does not do it justice). It did take a large amount of time. I made the majority of the items from Hobby Lobby. The animal prints are from a Etsy artist Susan Windsor. They are so adorable. The centerpiece was created by another uncle of mine. He painted that raccoon by hand on a piece of birch bark from our family cabin. Every time I walk into the room, it makes me smile! Of course, I had to have a chalkboard! This on is a piece of a tree ring that they sell at craft stores. It took like 6 coats of paint but was worth it!


Here is my pinterest board if you want some of the inspirations ideas that I had! more to come on the fabric and bedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment