Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hello Fall.... I've missed you!

I am not sure about anyone else but come the end of August I am done with summer. It maybe because I just finished running a 11 week summer camp for children 3-12, but come end of August I am itching for pulling all my fall decorations out! Of course as always my husband makes me wait as long as he can. Yet, I finally have convinced him that September 1st is a socially acceptable time to start decorating. After all, the renowned Chicago meteorologist Tom Skilling tells us that meteorological fall begins September 1st in Chicago. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So come September 1st, there is no holding back! I pull out my favorite fall candles Leaves from Bath and Body Works, which I over course bought 3 weeks prior and try to convince my husband to either A) open all the windows or B) come to Home Depot with me to see what they have. I get an eye roll, he informs me at its 84 degrees out so the air stays on and seems silly to light the candle but to have fun at Depot.


The kids and I had a blast at Home Depot. They usually have a great selection of fall items! I love these mums they carry in these apple baskets. You get the flower and basket for like $5.99! Over the last few years I have been saving the baskets after the season and then just adding the flowers for $3.99. However you have to act fast because they are gone within the week. I secretly stalk them!

My porch decorations have gotten larger and more elaborate over the years. Whenever I get them out of the attic my husband shakes his head. Oh well... it make me happy! I do get majority of my stuff from the Dollar Tree. I think I got most of this stuff in the beginning of August. It does tend to get picked over pretty quickly! For the bigger items, they tend to be more neutral so I use them all year round.


Some new additions are the copper lanterns! I have been eyeing some for about a year but they were on clearance at target in the beginning of August and HAD to get them. I put faux pumpkins in there and the mini wagon. They will rot or I have been warned!

This year for my flower containers, I tried to get flowers that would last into fall nicely. It has been the first year that I haven't killed them all off by this time. However, since they did so well, it limited planting space for my fall additions!

Well... unfortunately photography is not my thing yet so this is the best I can get of the whole set up! I still have my eye on a flannel blanket and more seasonal pillows! Hopefully soon! Does anyone else love a decorated fall porch?







No comments:

Post a Comment